0x80072f8f Windows Update Error
Finding a solution for the 0x80072f8f error
This is a fairly un-common Windows Update error and hopefully
this article will help you resolve the problems you are having.
The 0x80072f8f error code typically occurs because of a time issue.
What causes Error 0x80072f8f
# The date / time on your computer is too different from the date / time of the SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) certificates used by the Windows Update site..
Resolution Suggestion One:
# Check you have the correct time and date and time zone:
1. Double click the clock in the bottom right hand corner.
2. Check you have the correct time and date.
3. Click the Time Zone Tab.
4. Check you have the correct time zone.
Resolution Suggestion Two:
# Re-register these important files and check IE settings:
1. Click Start.
2. Choose Run.
3. In the Run box, type: regsvr32 Mssip32.dll
4. Click OK.
5. Repeat this time typing: regsvr32 Initpki.dll
6. Open Internet Explorer
7. Select the Tools menu and then select Internet Options
8. Choose the Advance tab
9. Unselect 'check for server certificate revocation' reboot PC and test again!
Marc Liron - Microsoft MVP (2004-2010)
We are the world leaders in providing best 646-205 exam prep solutions. Our incredible offers for 642-813 and mcts exams are accessible at reasonable prices. Get your 350-030 and mcp certifications within days using latest ccvp and other resources of certifications.